We follow the advice and guidelines as set out by Baseball NSW and the NSW Government.
You can review the complete COVID-19 section over at Baseball NSW, here.
The latest announcements from Baseball NSW are linked below for your reading:
- Covid-19 Update – 20 Aug 2020
- BNSW Addendum to Return to Activity Document – 6 Aug 2020
- Return to Activity documents – 25 June 2020
As always, we recommend you like our Facebook page as that is always the first place that updates of any sort are generally shared as they can be done on the fly. The website and any emails to people are always sent later on, when time allows.
Our COVID-Safe Guidelines
All players, Senior and Junior, must have their own playing equipment for the 20/21 Season – there will be no team kits. There will be no sharing of equipment, with the exception of team baseballs.
All players will require:
- a batting helmet
- a baseball glove
- a baseball bat that conforms to regulation (Baseball NSW)
In addition, all players should have their own bag or backpack for their gear as well as own water bottles, sunscreen and anything else they require outside their club/team uniforms. A small bottle of hand sanitiser or sanitiser wipes would also be a good thing to have in children’s bags particularly.
For extra safety we recommend the use of batting gloves, as they can be worn when fielding or catching, further reducing risk to players.
Our uniforms consist of:
- Black socks
- Grey baseball pants
- Black belt
- Scots playing top
- Scots hat
- Baseball cleats or sneakers
Whilst the pandemic is on, we ask that all uniforms are washed weekly.
Due to the need for social distancing, spectators at training and games are limited to one parent or carer. At this time, extended family and friends are asked not to attend training or games.
This is a recommendation from the NSW Government as well as Baseball NSW.
All contacts must also be recorded with the relevant Club or ground upon attendance.
Please do not linger about post-game or training, as other teams and clubs could be incoming – get in, play/train and leave as soon as possible to minimise risk.
Please use the soap and water available when using the facilities. Hand sanitiser is also available at the Clubhouse for your use.
Please maintain 1.5m between yourself and others where possible, we encourage the use of face masks when you cannot.
- Maintain social distancing in the Canteen queue.
- Spread out along the fenceline when spectating, baseball fields are pretty big and there is room for everyone (get into the practice of bringing a chair).
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Wash or sanitise your hands before eating.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Cover your mouth to cough or sneeze (using your elbow).
- No sharing of towels/water bottles/food, including lolly or fruit bowls.
- Avoid touching surfaces if possible.
- Spitting and clearing of nasal/respiratory secretions on diamonds or other sport settings is not permitted.
If you are unwell, please do not attend training or games. Stay home and get tested, per NSW Government guidelines.
The current health advice is, if you’re sick, stay home and get tested for COVID-19. And to isolate until you get those results.
We will send home any Junior or Senior player who attends training or games, and appears to be unwell or displaying COVID-like symptoms. This is not just for their safety, but that of their team mates, coaches and anyone else present. This is in line with the current advice from Baseball NSW and the NSW Government.
- Do not turn up to training or a game if sick or COVID-like symptoms.
- Do not turn up to training or a game if you’re awaiting the results of a COVID-19 test.
- Cough into your elbow or a tissue, then wash or sanitise your hands.
Want to Join The Club?
Established in 1913, Arncliffe Scots Baseball is a club that has been a fixture in the local sporting scene for well over 100 years. With a large membership of senior and junior players, we’re a family-friendly club that believes in a love of baseball and a fair go for all.